Nowadays, fitness applications are widely used. According to recent studies, the market for fitness apps will reach $13 billion worldwide by the end of 2025. People keep track of their everyday exercise in order to live healthy lives. Naturally, they choose engaging and user-friendly apps for this.
If you’re reading this, you undoubtedly want to know how much it will cost to develop a fitness app.
Sadly, there is no easy solution. The cost of developing a fitness app relies on a number of variables, including the intricacy of the design and the location of the developers. You will be guided through each of those aspects by this guide.
A Fitness App: What Is It?
An online, mobile, or desktop program called a fitness application allows users to keep track of their exercise routines. Fitness applications frequently have tools for recording workouts and monitoring progress over time. Fitness applications frequently have features in common with other health and wellness apps, like apps for mindfulness and nutrition. Nike Run Club, Nike Training Club, Google Fit, Fitbit, Strava, and MapMyRun are all well-known fitness programmes.
Reviews of the Fitness App Market
Pretty nearly every industry, including sports and fitness, has been influenced by COVID-19. The infection has caused an unheard-of increase in the use of mobile fitness apps. Mobile fitness apps have gained popularity as a way for people to stay active while they are alone. Services that include social media components in addition to fitness instruction tend to draw people more than before:
- Downloads related to health and fitness increased by 46% globally between Q1 and Q2 2020.
- Super-smooth video communication is made possible by 5G to improve live training sessions.
- As the wearable market expands, more smartwatch applications will be released.
What Are The Key Fitness Apps’ KPIS Benchmarks?
If you use our design and development best practices, your fitness app should provide the following KPIs:
- Only 5% of the top 100 fitness applications (Apple) have ratings lower than 4 stars, with a conversion rate of 28% (the percentage of people who will download your app after learning about it).
- Given the industry growth (Peloton touts a 95% retention rate), you should anticipate having daily active users (DAU) of roughly 9.41% with an average retention rate (how many users stay with the application) of 7% after one month.
- Top fitness applications generate $2 to $6 million per month around the globe.
Factors Affecting Fitness App Development Costs
The total cost of creating a fitness app relies on a number of variables. You must comprehend the separate prices and typical hours needed to execute those jobs in order to design a completely scalable and effective fitness app in order to accurately estimate the development cost. Here are the many cost elements for developing fitness apps that you should think about when determining your entire budget.
Platform Options for Your Fitness App
Choosing the platform on which you want to release your app is one of the essential aspects of determining how much it will cost to develop a fitness app. Two of the most well-liked mobile app platforms that rule the whole mobile app market are Android and iOS. As part of your comprehensive fitness app solution, you could also wish to take into account a web app for the admin panel.
As a result of the different programming languages used for Android, iOS, and the web, the development of an app for each platform is usually twice as expensive and takes twice as long. You should pick cross-platform app development solutions instead unless your project is particularly large-scale or only targets Android or iOS platforms.
You may do this to cut development time and costs by up to 50% and to create an app solution that is compatible with Android, iOS, and the web.
Fitness App Types according to Fitness App Categories
It would be much easier to grasp the estimated cost of producing a fitness app for your particular business requirements if you knew what kind of fitness app you wanted to produce.
Geography of the Health App Development Company
Where your fitness app is produced will have a big impact on how much it ultimately costs to develop one. The hourly rates for hiring professional developers vary by area. Employing committed and competent developers from Ukraine and India is the most economical option, but employing them from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and other nations tends to be more expensive. Therefore, the price of designing a fitness app will vary greatly based on where you get it done.
Investing in the Right App Development Team for Fitness Apps
When you outsource your project to a reliable offshore mobile app development company, you will be able to create your fitness app with a full-stack team of qualified and experienced individuals. This is another justification for why working with a Healthcare and fitness I.T. Solution firm is always preferable to working with lone talents. To construct their profiles on your fitness app, users must register and log in. This is significant since a profile allows the user to enter critical data, such as weight, height, and other characteristics, along with the objectives they wish to pursue. For comfort and convenience, it is advisable to permit social media logins as well.
Essential Features You Should Add To Your Fitness App
Include these essential elements in your project if you actually want to build useful and effective fitness software. Each feature adds to the overall development time and expense, affecting the ultimate cost of the fitness app development for your project.
- To construct their profiles on your fitness app, users must register and log in. This is significant since a profile allows the user to enter critical data, such as weight, height, and other characteristics, along with the objectives they wish to pursue. For comfort and convenience, it is advisable to permit social media logins as well.
- A GPS function must be included in any fitness-tracking app you intend to develop in order to offer real-time location monitoring services. In other fitness applications, geolocation services can let users connect with other users in their area or look for nearby gyms.
- Naturally, your fitness applications will offer a variety of training regimens from which your customers can select in accordance with their objectives for weight gain, weight loss, or muscle gain. It’s crucial to maintain the navigation clear and uncomplicated so that customers may tailor their workout schedules by picking from a variety of training programmes.
- Suppose you want to create a diet app. In that case, you must incorporate a calorie counter with a trustworthy and comprehensive food database that enables users to track their meals and establish weight-loss objectives.w For a complete diet app solution, you can/should also include diet programmes, recipes, and other things of the like.
- Push notifications must be integrated into every fitness app, whether it is small-scale or enterprise-grade, in order to capture users’ attention, improve engagement, and maintain a continual presence in their minds. When you have a special offer or discounts on fitness plans and more, it may be used to drive sales and boost conversion.
- Gamification can increase overall user engagement while lowering app uninstall rates in any form of software. By including game-like aspects that hold the audience’s interest, you may make your fitness software interactive, engaging, and enjoyable. Bonuses for consistent training badges for achieving particular goals, and other incentive programmes, such as receiving a month of free subscriptions to encourage additional people to download the app, are some instances of gamification. To make better, more effective fitness apps that employ deep-learning patterns to assess users’ progress and advise adjustments to the diet or exercise regimens as necessary, you can also include more AR/VR functions. The price of a Fitness A.L. app is typically more, but if you integrate it effectively, it’s worth every penny.
- Utilize live streaming and on-demand video features to give your app customers unmatched value if you want to build the finest fitness app in your market. Users can work out alongside multiple other users in real time with on-demand films and live-streaming features, giving them a sense of community.
Developing A Fitness App: Steps
Carry out market analysis
You must first conduct a market analysis before developing your own fitness app. Look at your competitors, identify market experts, and try to determine what features they are utilizing to attract customers. If you don’t conduct in-depth market research, you’ll miss your target audience and be blind to the benefits of your rivals.
Establish a feature list
Create a feature list after your market analysis is finished. With the aid of a thorough feature list, your software developers will be able to understand your requirements and select the finest tech stack. You can compile a basic list on your own. You can make it more precise later on with your I.T. partner. You can get help assessing the price of creating a workout app from software specialists.
Establish project specifications
The Discovery stage is a crucial first step in creating a fitness app. To generate a project definition and wireframes for the next project, project managers, designers, developers, and Q.A. engineers get together. You still have access to all the paperwork, so even if you choose to break off your relationship with the business, you might still work on the product.
Create a project estimate.
Now is the moment to determine the project’s cost. According to our estimations, creating a fitness app can cost somewhere between $60,000 and $91,850. The complexity of the features, the number of platforms for which the app is being developed, post-release support, and other factors all affect the final cost. Consider the specific criteria before getting in touch with your vendor because it is challenging to estimate the cost of your project without knowing them.
How Much Does It Typically Cost To Develop a Fitness Mobile App?
Although the cost of a fitness app depends on its features and complexity, a fitness app development company will break down the cost of a fitness app according to these factors:
- UI/UX Design
- iOS and Android native app development
- Backend development
- Web development
- MVP testing
- Quality assurance (Polishing and bug fixing)
The most frequently asked and well-liked query when discussing the creation of a fitness app is, “Does designing a fitness app cost a lot?” Particularly when the app is imagined and the features are unclear. First, it might be challenging to determine the precise cost of the development of a fitness app. A sophisticated MVP version of the app, however, can range in price from $30,000 to $70,000.
Which Fitness Apps Are The Top 5 Most Profitable?
The hottest meditation and mindfulness app right now is Calm. With merely stretching exercises, it may also be the least fitness-related option on the list. But it’s become well known for aiding in meditation and sleep.
A fitness phenomenon where content takes precedence over form is MyFitnessPal. The 180 million users of this nutrition and workout programme still manage to use it despite it having so much dietary information, fitness exercises, recipes, blogs, and other content.
Due to the success of the company’s wearables, Fitbit maintains consistently high rankings. The programme has much more to offer than just tracking steps, sleep, and other essential metrics, which you certainly wouldn’t anticipate from an activity-tracking product. The community, meal planning, activity planner, and even meditation sessions are available to users.
People may exercise at home while also taking advantage of the competitive gym environment thanks to Peloton. This fitness solution broadcasts a variety of exercises and regimens live, assisting the business in boosting sales of cycling and running equipment, which, when combined with their subscription services, are anticipated to reach $1.8 billion (in 2020).
Today’s entrepreneurs are certainly seeking to emulate Kayla Itsines’ SWEAT training app’s popularity. Its creator is an Australian fitness guru. The mobile app’s particularly specialized workouts for ladies bring in millions of dollars each month.
By this point, we anticipate that you will have a clearer knowledge of how and why to create and invest in a fitness app. However, before you begin designing the app, careful preparation and research are important.
We are a team of elite mobile app developers at Strivemindz, and we have years of expertise in creating a variety of apps, from the most basic to the most complex, to meet the needs of our clients. If you need any assistance with the development of a fitness app, kindly get in touch with us.